Tuesday, July 15, 2008

UCSF is back in the game






















So as of last Thursday the doctors here wanted to admit Dylan back into the hospital. Casey and I said "NO"! Even though she hasn't gained weight in over 1.5 months, she is still our happy little Dylan. They didn't have a game plan once they put her in the hospital. Nor have the run ANY tests. So what good would her being confined to a small bed do? Nothing if you ask me. She would do much better having tests done and being able to go home at night. She is just small. No infection. Nothing. Pain, but why don't we have blood work done, maybe an XRAY? Why do we have to go 1.5 months before we are even suggested to see a GI doc? Last week I was asked what UCSF thinks off all of this. What do I know? I can't read minds. They are the doctors, shouldn't they be talking to the experts back in SF? Not the mom! So, I called UCSF last Thursday and talked to the surgery clinic and let them know that they were thinking of sending us back to UCSF, but that no tests have been run. By 10am Friday morning I had a phone call from the Pedi Gi at UCSF talking me through everything. Within an hour I had a list of tests that they would like run. Why has it taken Phoenix 1.5 months to even make a move? Agghhhhh Thank GOD for UCSF!

No comments: