Tuesday, October 30, 2007

EARTHQUAKE!!!!

It is Tuesday night and Dylan and I survived our first Earthquake. I do not recommend it for fellow pregnant women. We had just finished eating dinner and making cookies and a very FULL ashley was sitting on the couch talking with Casey's mom. When all of the sudden the floor started to shake. It took me a couple of seconds to figure out what was going on. But, the shaking bookcases things falling off the shelves was kind of a give away. I then jumped up and started to run outside. Then I looked behind me and realized that the family was running the other way. So, prego can move faster than she thought. I planted my feet and hightailed it towards everyone else. I figured if they were all running one way, they knew somthing I didn't know. As I ran towards the rest of the family it was like Jumanjii. The cats, dogs and I swear at one point a rhino ran through my legs and out the garage doggy door. Thank goodness Jake the snake decided to stay in his cage. As I ran to everyone they said to get in a doorway. Duh!!!! Pretty sure that I saw that on a vintage Saved by The Bell episode. So, into the doorway I went, while still talking to Cheryl on the phone. When all was said and done the earthquake was a 5.6 on the Rhicter scale, it lasted 12 seconds and the epicenter was 3 miles from the house. Max has said that the aftershocks are supposed to be stronger, I sure hope he was wrong! I don't know if my belly can take this! Dylan has been going crazy since this all started.

On a lighter note, today was another NST. Everything looked good again!! Fluids were high, heartbeat was strong, activity was consistent. YAYYY!!!!! I made good friends with a woman that is a Peds ICU nurse at the hospital. She is due the first week of december, so my guess is we will cross paths again in the next couple of weeks.

So I am sitting here curled up on the couch watching Boston Legal with a little girl in my tummy with Hiccups. She has been pretty quiet all day, but now that there is all of this excitement going on, she wants to be right in the middle of it. I sure hope she doesn't decide to come out and see what it going on!! She needs to stay in a little while longer.

Thursday is a 4D Ultrasound and Friday is back to the hospital for testing and then off to Jenny's house to have a play date with her and Taylor!!! And then Sat. Mimi (my mom) comes in. Oh, and we have decided that Cheryl(Casey's mom) is going to be known as "Apple" because she will be Granny Smith. So my mom is "Mimi", my dad wants to be "Big Daddy"(don't ask), Casey's mom will be "Apple" and Casey's dad will be "Grandpa Smith".

We hope that everyone is doing well and that everyone has a safe Halloween! Much love, ash and dyl!

No comments: