Sunday, October 21, 2007

Just Plain Randomness


Above is a picture from the AMAZING babyshower that was thrown for Miss Dylan a couple of weeks ago. I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends and family. It was the most beautiful, pink, girly, loving afternoon that I could have ever asked for. We had an afternoon tea at a new tea room in gilbert called Tea Dreams. All of the guests got to dine on finger sandwiches, scones, the tea of their choice and my favorite COSTCO CAKE (pictured above)!! All of Dylan's Auntie's then decorated wooden "D's" with pink and green paint and jewels. They are now hanging above her changing table waiting for her to come home. Thank you again to all of my friends and family that sent gifts for this little angel. I don't know what we would have done without everyone's toughtfulness. I have found myself pacing around Dylan's room almost in tears feeling like I have forgotten something, but then I remember all of the amazing women that I have behind me making sure that I am completely equipped for this little girls arrival.
In more exciting news...Dylan has a cousin!!!! Ms. Bailey Lou Smith (Casey's Brother Chris and Wife Amanda) was born at 7:30 on yesterday. She was 6lbs 14oz and 20.5 inches long. I can't wait to make a trip out to ABQ to meet this new little bundle of joy. Grandpa and Grandma Smith are currently out visiting their first grandbaby! And in less than a month they will have number 2!!
Now on to my complaints. When I sat down today to write this I took a pole of what I should write about. Uncle Jay and Aunt Terri suggested that I write about my painful leg that they hear so much about. So, here you go....MY LEG HURTS!!!! Not both legs, just my right leg. I pretty much hate my right leg right now. I have had a great pregnancy! Nothing to really complain about, but this darn leg is really starting to annoy me. When I roll over in bed I wake up in excruciating pain. When I have been sitting (couch, car, you name it) and go to get up to walk, I almost fall. Dad and I went to the San Jose Flea markets yesterday (that's just what we do, 6am on Sat. equals flea market), I was so proud of myself, I made it through the first flea market no problem. But by the time we got to the second one my hands a feet were completely swollen (might have has something to do with my sausage biscuit from McDonald's for breakfast) and I couldn't walk. I thought I would be funny (also not wanting my dad to know how much pain I was in) and race Dad back to the car. This was the saddest moment yet. It was so special, I couldn't run, it wasn't even a run. It was a ghetto grandma hobble, all I was missing was a walker. So at tomorrow's appointment it is on the top of my list to figure out what this is. I am sure that it is just something that could happen during pregnancy, but I would like to know if there is a way to relieve it. I try and stretch and keep my leg elevated. But nothing seems to help. On another complaint, I have gotten heart burn these past couple of days. I know this is common too, it is just such a weird feeling. And lastly, since Miss Dylan has grown so much in these past 3 weeks, she has doubled in size, I have beautiful stretch marks to prove it. I can't tell you how nice it is to know that the reason I have these "battlewounds" is because my little girl is getting big and strong.
So tomorrow is a big day at the doctors. I go into San Fran to have my weekly tests run as well as meet with the doctors. Let's pray for more good news!!!

No comments: