Friday, October 19, 2007

Growing Belly

This is a picture of my belly at 32 weeks. Miss Dylan was breech up until this day. I was starting to panic because all of the research that I did concluded that after 32 weeks the baby is usually in its delivery position. I had a hard time fathoming that a little girl that has been living with her head up for 32 weeks would now just decide to suddenly want her head down. I did some research on how to get her to into cephalic position (head down). Yvonne, our childbirth prep instructor, has let us know that she was recently reading a medical journal that said that breech babies will follow the sound of music and turn their body around. She had not had anyone do it before. I gladly volunteered to be the test subject. That night with CD player in hand I went and found the Baby Professor CD that the grandma's got Dylan. I laid down and put the headphones very very low on my tummy and watched magic happen. I could watch my stomach roll as Dylan followed Flight of the Bumble Bee down to the bottom of my tummy. And sure enough 2 days later we went to have an UltraSound and the Sonographer said "she is head down" and I let out a giant "WOHOOOOO!!!!!". It worked!!! And still to this day little Miss has her head down!

No comments: