Sunday, December 9, 2007

17 cc's



Great-Meema's PICC line gown!! She is going to be a billionaire!





BFF since 3 years old!
Dylan's first bottle!
She wasn't so sure of it at first, it was her first taste of milk!

Hmmmm...what flavor is this milk?
We were fighting! She was doing so well!
Almost done!
Getting burped after the first bottle.
This was the retake picture.....
....becuase I looked like Godzirra in this picture!
Look at that Ass Kennemer Women!



Getting burped on "Mimi's" Lap
After the first bottle!
I don't know why we're green....but we still look cute!
17 cc's, can you believe it?!?! We had a sit down with the doctors yesterday. They wanted Dylan to take a bottle, they were worried that since she is term now she could loose her suckling reflex if it isn't exercised. Sucking on a pacifier uses different muscles and skills that sucking on a bottle. She has mastered the pacifier, but could loose the ability to learn how to suck food if we didn't start. As most of you know, I am ANTI bottle because I want Dylan to breastfeed and I have read so much literature about nipple confusion. But, every doctor and nurse that I talked with yesterday (and that was alot), assured me that nipple confusion was a myth. After discussing this with a MILLION people I decided that it was the right choice to allow her nipple. We kept her NG tube in so that we wouldn't have to replace it if nippling didn't work out that well. BUT, this girl is born to EAT! She has taken every single cc through the nipple, nothing has had to go through the tube. I think when we go in tomorrow morning that the nurses will have d/c'd the NG. WOHOO!!!! I can't believe we are already up to 17 cc's. Her cheeks are filling out. At last nights weight she was just shy of 6lbs 6oz. Casey is so sad that he is missing her growing. But I have all of the faith that he will be home soon. I am off to bed right now, I need some sleep. I need to start getting some sleep before this little angel comes home with me and sleep is not easy to get. Hope everyone's holiday season is getting off to a great start!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I just have to say, Dylan just keeps getting more and more adorable!!!

Vanessa said...

I am absolutely amazed (but not surprised at all!!) at how well she is progressing :). It brings a tear to my eye!!!! If she likes the bottle so much, I can't wait to see/hear about her reaction when she gets to latch on to Bessie/Ethel..ha ha ;)...Love and miss you both!!

anne said...

Nipple confusion is not a myth, Ashley. Try to breastfeed! Thomsen still has not taken to the breast because they forced the bottle on him in the NICU. I am so sick of pumping eight times a day for the last four and half months. The lactation people say it's nipple confusion and aren't sure if he'll ever learn to nurse. I'm sorry to be a downer. Dylan looks great!