Wednesday, December 12, 2007

So Much has happened

Okay, so I will write more tomorrow, there is a line for the computer. But we have such exciting news. The doctors told us today that Dylan should be ready to be discharged next week. Last week they told us 5 more weeks, but she has done such great this week that they think she on track to leave next week. Yesterday they upped her to almost full feeds and so she was allowed to recreationally breast feed. This girl is made to eat. She just latched right on. I feel so lucky! I know that this can be such a struggle for many mothers and babies. This is part of the reason that I was so hesitant to give her a bottle in the first place, but much to my suprise she was all about the breast! The doctors allowed her to "play" twice today. She did so great both times. Her stools are still very painful and she scream bloody murder through them, and the stools are just liquid, so I brought this to the attention of the MD's tonight. They want to conference this with all of the teams to figure it out, they think it could be because her intestines were so crammed in her body that there could be a kind of kink that things are having to work past thus creating the pain. One of Dylan's favorite doctors assured us she should grow out of it but he still wanted to consult with the rest of the teams. So if all goes well and she continues as she is doing and her stools work their way out she should be a free woman as of next week!! Just in time from Christmas, what a great present! God Bless Everyone!!! Thank you for the prayers, please keep them up!!

Oh, and congrats to my friend Brittany who just had her beautiful little girl this past Sunday, Miss Lily August Wray.

2 comments:

Karen D. Meloche said...

Congrats Ashley!

Brittany..as in OPA Brittany...had a baby?!

The O'Neal Family said...

Congrats Ashley!!! Where will you be for Christmas? I have something to send to you also so let me know where I should send it. I can't wait to see you and Dylan soon!!! yay :o)
xoxo
Joely