Monday, November 26, 2007

Synopsis of the past couple of days!

So in the last update we had said that the doctors had discussed putting Dylan's Replogle to gravity on Thursday. Thursday after her very large throw up she still continued to put out alot of dark green almost black discharge. Friday we went down to Fisherman's Warf but we came in and visited in the morning. She had already filled up her output canister with discharge. And when we returned from the Warf she had filled up another half of a canister. Meema left Friday night on a red-eye, Dylan was sad to see her go. Sat. morning Casey, "Apple" and Grandpa Smith spent the morning together with Dylan before they began their head home to Tucson. Casey and I headed back up to the hospital with Vanessa a bit later. Vanessa spent some time holding Dylan before we took her to the airport to head back to Phoenix. During this visit I let the nurse know that I didn't think the replogle was working correctly, she just kind of chuckled at me. Friday during a visit I noticed that the replogle had no water in it which isn't a good thing, they did put water in it. After we dropped Vanessa off at the airport Casey and Mom went to the local pub to watch the rest of the FSU vs Florida game, I went up to be with Dylan. I walked in and she was curled up asleep with dried black throw up on her forehead, hands, and blanket. I thought I was going to loose it. I told the nurse that she was covered in throw up (same nurse that I told the replogle wasn't working) and she said "oh, lets just change her". So we changed her and the nurse was going to had her off to me when I said, "We never fixed the replogle". She said she didn't know how to so she needed to get another nurse. The replogle drains the goop from Dylan's tummy. It should be constantly moving or clear. Her tube was totally Green and not moving at all. The other nurse came in a noticed how bad of shape it was in and she pulled out the whole line. Dylan then started throwing up EVERYWHERE. I couldn't believe how much throw-up there was. She didn't cry at all, I think that it is because she was so relieved to have all of this junk of her body. I still thought I was going to ninja kick this nurse. What would have happened if I wouldn't have come in? Would Dylan have been covered in dried throw-up for hours? Grrr....Would her replogle have ever started working? Grrr.....The night nurse was one that we love and have had man times, so she took care of everything. I came back that night and spoke with the charge nurse to tell her of my concerns. They understood our concerns and said that they will only place up with high care nurses from here on out. Sunday was a good day, no output from her replogle. Aunt Terri, Uncle Jay, Max and Nadine came up to visit. Dylan was wide awake and happy most of the day. And now we are at Monday! The doctors have chosen to put her replogle to gravity, I think because there was no output yesterday. I think this will be placed back to suction within the next few days, call me a pessimist, but i have seen what has been coming out and the color the past few days. She was grumpy all morning for the nurses and as I went to change her diaper there was a POOPY!!!! My first one!!! Wohoo!!! It looked like bird poop. It was dark green with a little white in it. This was so exciting. And as I was changing it she was still pooping. I think that was why she was crabby. Wouldn't you be if you only pooped once a week? Now that it is out of her system she is happy as a lark! "Mimi" is leaving today for a little while, so she has been holding Dylan most of the morning. All in all not much has been happening. We are in the waiting section of the hospitalization, we are just trying to get Dylan's body to work so that we can feedings started!

No comments: