Friday, November 16, 2007

Today's Update!

Casey and I just got to the hospital and had such an AMAZING SURPRISE waiting for us. Dylan was taken off of the ventilator. She is breathing on her own!!! She also lost one of the large lines in her hands. They had just pulled out the vent 2 minutes before we walked in and they said she did very well. They heard a little cry out of her, one of the first audible cries! She was all eyes blowing bubbles when we walked into the room. We also heard a small sound come out of her, not a cry, more of a creak. We have been able to see her entire face for the first time. And sorry everyone, she is pretty much the most beautiful baby ever. I know you think your children are the cutest, but ours wins! Hands Down!! We will post pictures in a little bit, but I wanted everyone to know our exciting news. This is one HUGE step in the right direction.

6 comments:

atpanda said...

Ashley,
I don't know if you remember me, but I'm sure Casey can jog your memory. I met you at Casey's going-away party. He's one of my most favorite people in the world.
I just love what you've done on this blog. I started at the beginning and worked my way to this post today. I'm so glad that Casey has you two ladies in his life! He's one lucky guy.
I am so happy that everything is going well and your daughter really is a miracle. And cute as a button to boot!
I sure hope when you're back in town we run into each other. You take care.
- Amanda Taussig -

Katherine said...

Amanda couldn't have said it better!
Ashley, it is evident that you are one strong woman. I'm so happy Casey has you in his life. And I'm truly happy to know that you've both been blessed with Dylan joining your family. I too read your entire blog, and I will come back often to see how your family is doing. And I'll be praying for Dylan's excellent progress to continue.
Take care,
KC Bennett

Vickie said...

Hi to the happy family!

Such great news!! Can't wait to see new pictures! My boss asked for the address to the blog today and started crying when she read parts of it! It has been an amazing, inspirational ride.

Love you guys,
Vickie

Pats said...

Ashley and Casey,
I love hearing such good news! Your blog is so helpful! What strength you all have, especially Dylan! Every nail I hammered in New Orleans had a prayer said for Dylan. It kept me closer to you when I felt so far away. Glad my surprise went well thanks to the grandmas that helped!!!I had such fun doing it! Tell Dylan she is a love and is loved by us all! Pats

Pats said...

Ashley and Casey,
So happy to hear all the good news. Almost every nail I hammered in New Orleans had a prayer said for Dylan (Yea, some nails took me forever to hammer. Bet everyone wondered why I was SO slow!) But it got me through being so far away when my heart was with you all. Glad my shower was "appropriate". I just had to surprise you somehow! Thanks to the 2 grandmas that helped me! Love you , Dylan!! Stay strong! Pats

Miss Harmon said...

i am so excited to hear the news on dylan's improvement! she's a fighter (like her mommy!) :)

any news on the return to phoenix?

love you!

heather